Monday, January 11, 2010

Kindle for PC

I'd like to share a new way to enjoy books--without the high cost of a Kindle. I really want a Kindle, but have to get my girls through college first. Amazon is now offering a great AP for those of us who can't afford a Kindle yet--the Kindle for PC! It is FREE! It took me mere minutes to download the free software on my laptop. While not as totally cool as the Kindle, it really works well. In seconds, I purchased and downloaded my first book. I have also made a point to look for free books each week from the Kindle store which I have downloaded. I have had no trouble reading from the screen. By the way, one of the free book downloads this week is a Young Adult novel! I have pointed this out to some of my students as a great way to save money on textbooks next year when they are in college--the classics are free as well! Hope someone can use this tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment